Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's Beginning To Look...

A little, tiny bit like Christmas. Lol.

I have now viewed approximately one million blogger Christmas home tours/house walks/what have you, and I've been inspired to share mine, such as it is.

I usually don't go "all out" on decorating until Hanukkah is over. (My husband is Jewish, so we celebrate both.) This year, Hanukkah ends on Sunday. The tree will go up Monday. In the meantime, Christmas is tiptoeing in. I just can't help myself!

(Although you may not be surprised to learn that, even when finished, the Christmas decor is minimal. I prefer to call it "tastefully simple." Much like my fall decorating!)

So, pour yourself a cup of coffee (sorry, no hot chocolate bar here...) and come on in.



I'm super happy with how the planters came out this year.

Just try to ignore the meters in the background, okay?

Wasn't feeling the need for a bow on the wreath, in keeping with the minimalist "theme" I'm going for. I did have some extra winterberries, so I just stuck them in there.



Moving inside on this "home tour," I "created" a centerpiece for my dining room table. I'd light it up, but then I'd need to go back to Michael's for more candles. And this baby needs to last until at least the 26th!



And now for the mantel reveal. I know...I've been building up to this! Bet you can't wait!



Even I will concede that this looks a little bare. Not to worry, fresh greens to be added...at some point.

Christmas "artwork." (Picture frame plus scrapbook papers.) I actually really like how this came out.




Cranberries in the water...I love this idea. Hoping it will disguise when the water gets murky in a few days.

And that's it for the home tour. I'll add pictures of the tree, once it's up...maybe!

(I was thinking this year of getting a fake tree. You know—the pre-lit ones? I've heard they look very realistic now...and I can always burn a candle to get the scent of fresh greens. Vern Yip says his looks amazing—it came from Frontgate I think. So I clicked right over there and found that the pre-lit trees start at $600! Are you kidding me? Um, no. Guess it's a live tree for us, and I'll be finding stray pine needles on the floor well into the summer...or is that just me?)

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by! A very Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Good Kwanzaa/whatever you celebrate! And a happy, healthy, and peaceful new year to all.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, I love it. I like simple too. My favorite is your center piece with the cranberries and candles.
    Merry Christmas,
    Carla
    P.S. My sister and her husband own and operate a Cranberry Farm, they will be pleased you used cranberries in your decor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carla! Thanks...you are so sweet! Haha...glad I can help support your sister and brother-in-law with my cranberry love! :)

      Delete